After a nearly one-year roller coaster ride of extensions, a stop and a re-start, the Centers for Disease Control’s national eviction moratorium came to an abrupt end with a Supreme Court ruling last month.
What happens next? Here’s what to expect:
- Local and State Eviction Bans Remain Intact
- This Doesn’t Trigger Immediate Evictions
- Most Property Managers Will Continue to Take Compassionate Approach
- Initial Evictions Will Focus on Cases of Fraud and Abuse
- Eviction “Spikes” Will Occur, But Comparisons Points Matter
- Total Evictions Will Fall Way Short of Forecasts
- More Pressure on Distributing on Emergency Rental Assistance funds
Read the entire article.